- Only three in ten Irish people have drafted a will and 50% have made no preparations for death.
- Recent research reveals that only three in every ten Irish people have drafted a will in preparat... » read more
- Children’s charities are the most popular for will donations
- Almost half of Irish adults said that they would leave a gift to children's and animal charities ... » read more
Best Will Week
Is it time to make your will?
During Best Will Week you can avail of an initial will consultation with your local solicitor. They will provide expert legal advice and support in the process of drawing up a will or updating an existing will. Putting your affairs in order gives peace of mind and provides for your loved ones. You may also consider leaving a gift to a favourite charity in your will, enabling them to continue their great work.
Find a participating solicitor »
Monday 2nd to Friday 6th
My Legacy was established in 2003 by a small group of Irish charities who saw first hand how a legacy today can improve the lives of others in the future. My Legacy now comprises almost 80 Irish charities who work together to promote legacy giving in Ireland.
My Legacy provides open, honest, unbiased advice and information for individuals, charities and solicitors about legacy giving. We do not solicit specific gifts or legacies for individual organisations.
Making A Will
Having a will is very important; so why not visit one of our participating solicitors to get professional advice & guidance about drawing up a will or updating an existing one.
It is a much more straightforward and affordable process than you might think.
Leaving a Legacy
If you are making or amending your will, you might consider leaving a gift to a favourite charity.
Your legacy will make a big difference to a cause you care about in the future.
Before making an appointment with your solicitor, it's a good idea to take note of the following:
Your assets, their value and their location.
Your nearest relatives.
- Your executor(s).
- The proposed division of your estate.